The application comes with a 30-day free trial. If you want to make use of the application after that period, you will first need to register your license. To get your own license, please contact us.
- To register you license, go to the upper right corner on the home screen, and click on the gear to open the configuration page.
- Click on 'License' (on the left), next click 'Register'.
- This will bring you to the registration page. There is 1 text box, copy-paste the license key (found in the license file) and click on 'Register'.
Note: this operation requires an internet connection. The application will register the license and verify that everything is ok.
Before you can use the application, you will first need to specify what kind of hardware you are using.
If you have a fully supported system like the Easy sight tractors, setup is easy:
- Open the configuration page (gear on the upper right corner)
- Select hardware
- Click on the + sign next to hardware profiles. A list will pop up with all the supported hardware.
- Select your system. For instance the X5H inspection robot and press ‘ok’
- The popup will close and a new profile will be added at the bottom. Scroll to it and press ‘activate’. The active profile, is the one that the application will use when recording data.
- One final step to configure the tractor: click on the pen to the right of the ‘Tractor’ (the middle pen)
- Select the wheel size for this profile. Note: the idea is to make a profile for each wheel size that you will be using. This way, you can switch between profiles without having to reconfigure.
- Select the com-port for the remote control
- Note: you can give your new profile a custom name (for instance, add the wheel size).
If you have custom hardware or it is not yet included in the list, odds are you can still configure the camera and (parts of) the tractor. To do this. Select the ‘custom tractor’ or ‘custom tractor with 2 cameras’ hardware definition. This allows you to specify the URL to the camera (or directx device).
creating a new project
Once basic setup has been completed, you are ready to start a new project.
- So from the home screen, in the upper right corner click on the page with a + in (first icon). This will create a new project.
- Go to the location that you want to store the project and give it a name.
- The project view will open.
Follow the link for more details on projects.
By default, CAM-I is configured so that it will only allow you to advance to the next stage when all the required data has been filled in. So before you can leave the header or main section, everything that you must fill in, has to be there. If you try to go to the next stage before all required data is provided, the missing parts will be marked in red. You can change this behavior however if you like, from the settings page.
Once you have provided all the required data, both in the main section and for the strand/manhole, you are ready to start recording.
On the controller group (the bottom-most section to the right), there are a couple of buttons to control the video. Depending on your setup, you will get a different controller interface, but the recorder button will always be the same, a round circle with a round hole:
To start the recording, press the record button. This will set the current position of the tractor back to 0 meters and start the recording on all the available channels (video, crawler, sonar, lidar).
By default, you will only be able to add new observations when the recording is turned on but you can change this in the settings. The most common way to add a new observation is by pressing space bar during the recording. Check the docs on observations for more details.
If you have the cloud version, you are able to share your projects and reports through the cloud. Before you can upload anything to the cloud however, you’ll need to do a little more configuration.
The system needs to know the location of the folders that contain all your projects. You can do this on the configuration page, section folders. Click on the + sign and select the root folder that contains your projects. You can add multiple folders.
Once you can see your projects in the ‘folders’ section on the home page, they can be uploaded. Check this out how you can upload your projects to the cloud